Last month, the Casco Bay Island Transit District celebrated 14,610 days (or 40 years!) of continuous service. To celebrate, we hosted a month-long photo contest to look back on 40 years of memories aboard Casco Bay Lines. We asked our followers to send us photos of their favorite CBL memories for a chance to win a special anniversary gift bag. From family vacations to solo journeys, birthday celebrations to graduations and everything in between, we received some incredible submissions that truly reflected the last four decades of CBITD.
We recently announced our (3) winners, drawn at random, of the #FeelingFerry40 photo contest on social media! Here are the winning snapshots:
From left: Stacy Gile, Meredith Winn, Allie Burke
Thank you all for sharing your amazing CBL memories with us! As a token of our appreciation, each winner received a 40th anniversary giveaway bag, which included:
- A gift certificate to Crown Jewel, a seasonal island destination on Diamond Cove serving elevated seafood classics and modern cocktails.
- An admission voucher to Maine Maritime Museum, which offers a variety of exhibits dedicated to promoting an understanding and appreciation of Maine’s maritime heritage and culture.
- A gift certificate to Down Front, a classic ice cream shop on Peaks Island serving Maine’s famous Gifford’s Ice Cream, premium soft serve ice cream and which sells clothing, gifts, and souvenirs.
- A navy anchor wristlet from Sea Bags, the maker of handmade, one-of-a-kind bags sustainably created from recycled sails and locally manufactured right here in Maine.
- A voucher for the Amtrak Downeaster, Amtrak’s 145-mile regional passenger train service connecting New England from Brunswick to Boston.
- A variety of Shipyard Brewing merchandise: a hat, pint glass, koozie, keychain and bottle opener. Shipyard is an award-winning craft brewery based in Portland that has been family owned and operated since it opened in 1994.
- A CBL 40th anniversary Yeti tumbler.
- & CBL Maquoit stickers made by local artist, Britton Spark.
Thank you to our entire CBL community who shared memory upon memory with us last month. And a BIG thank you to the sponsors above who helped us curate an exciting anniversary giveaway bag filled with items from our favorite local vendors.
Didn’t win a giveaway bag? Not to worry – our 40th anniversary tote bags are now for sale at our Portland terminal! Stop by the ticket office to pick one up for yourself. They may not be filled with the local goodies outlined above, but they’re nice and roomy – perfect for any downtown shopping trip or for a packed picnic aboard a CBL cruise.
As summer approaches, we’d love to see you make new memories aboard Casco Bay Lines. Our passengers are always encouraged to share their photos with us on social media. Of course, we’ll always ask for your permission before we share and make sure to give you photo credit. Tag us in your photos or send us a message through Facebook or Instagram – your photo might just end up on our page!