Use your skills and positive attitude to make a difference on Portland’s Waterfront. Help foster island communities and share the beauty of Casco Bay with visitors. This is a fast paced environment and there are many rewards for those who want to make a difference.
NATURE OF WORK
This is a technical position providing customer assistance through the ticket and freight office. The Operations Agent opens or closes the terminal, sells tickets, handles freight transactions, coordinates freight shipments, directs shoreside operations and personnel and coordinates with vessel operations. This is a full-time position reporting to the Director of Sales and Shoreside Operations.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
- Operate computerized ticket system including basic trouble-shooting of operating malfunctions.
- Maintain cash controls.
- Handle cash and charge sales of freight shipments and vehicle charges; ensure that freight is paid and properly charged according to tariff and accounting policies.
- Responsible for safely unloading, transporting and packing freight; operate freight equipment, including forklift and pallet jacks, etc; maintain the freight area in a neat and orderly fashion.
- Responsible for general appearance and safety of the terminal and dock facility, including inside and outside passenger waiting areas, public restrooms, car ferry staging, and general traffic flow.
- Perform scheduling functions for operation, crew call-ins and relief.
- Provide customer assistance, communication, and information; direct phone calls and sell island trips, cruises and special excursions; handle initial customer complaints and investigate lost shipments.
- Supervise part-time office personnel and assist in training new hires.
- Responsible for emergency management at the terminal, including interruptions in service due to weather, equipment failure, vessel capacity and other operational difficulties when management is not present.
- Offer general back-up for other management and staff functions as needed.
- Create reports and analyses for the General Manager, accounting department, Board of Directors and other governmental agencies.
- Complete other tasks as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS OF WORK
- Meeting physical demands of position, including lifting up to 100lbs, and pushing pallet jacks and carts weighing up to 500 lbs.
- Proficient in Computer applications (Word, Excel and Outlook) .
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences, both internal and external
- Strong Customer Service Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Self-starter and team player
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment
- Valid Driver’s License
HELPFUL TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor Degree.
- One year of full-time service in the office.
- Knowledge of the history of the Casco Bay islands, their people and transportation.
- Knowledge of the CBITD freight tariff and ticketing system
- Marine experience in either vessel operation or shoreside support.
- Understanding of local weather and tidal conditions and the effect on various island docking facilities and marine transportation.
Starting pay is $23-$24/hour. This is a full-time, hourly position with benefits including, but not limited to:
- Paid Time Off
Please fill out an Employment Application by:
- Downloading the form here: CBITD-Employment-Application-2022
- Or picking one up in person at the Casco Bay Lines ticket office (56 Commercial St, Portland, ME)
Once completed, please return one of three ways: ·
- By email: moc.s1679330138enily1679330138abocs1679330138ac@se1679330138cruos1679330138eRnam1679330138uH1679330138
- In person at the Casco Bay Lines ticket office (56 Commercial St, Portland, ME)
- By mail:
- Casco Bay Lines
- P.O. Box 4656
- Portland, ME 04112-4656