Terms and Conditions
All freight shipments are made subject to the acceptance by the consignee of the expressed conditions that:
- All shipments are governed by the rules as printed in the CBITD tariff, which is available for perusal at the CBITD offices.
- The sailing schedule is subject to change without notice.
- The carrier assumes no liability for damages or injury unless the carrier’s negligence was the sole proximate cause. CBITD’s liability shall be limited to the actual value of the item, not to exceed $100, for all injuries resulting from loss, damage or delay, unless a greater value is disclosed in writing to CBITD and CBITD agrees in writing to be responsible for such increased value, in which case CBITD is authorized to charge a higher tariffed amount.
- All claims for loss, injury or delay must be filed in writing with the carrier within three (3) months after such loss, damage, injury or delay occurs.
- Except in the case of the carrier’s negligence, freight or merchandise destined to or taken from a wharf or landing shall be entirely at the risk of the owner after it is unloaded from vessels or until it is loaded onto vessels.
- Freight tendered for transportation by the carrier must be properly packed and protected.
For more information about Freight please click here.